There's a potluck in my building at work tomorrow (Friday), so on Wednesday I consulted with my tux boy (aka I did some Googling) and came up with a dish involving brie and an apricot sauce, spread on bread, which could be microwaved. I bought the ingredients and tried it out on my willing spouse, and we agreed that it was tasty. I'll buy some more ingredients this afternoon or tonight, and it should be ready for tomorrow.
OMG, a potluck -- I'm being social with actual in-person work people!
This morning I reflected that online games such as farming and Mafia.Wars on Face.book can give one a false sense of having done something constructive. "I harvested my field of roses this morning, plowed, and planted some more. They should be ready in 2 days." *sounds* like a lot, but it isn't when you did it all from your keyboard, with pixels. I just found it an interesting observation on human psychology.
In other news, Liz & Andrea's second child was born over the weekend. They've been waiting and hoping for her for so long that I'm pretty much speechless over how happy I am for them that their persistence has paid off so well. Good for them. I figure that if I can't drop food by and promptly leave, I should just stay clear of their house for a while to give them their peace. :-) I'll work on the food thing now that they're coming home from the hospital, probably to get as much sleep as they can.
Here's sending a random hug to Cheddah, btw, for various reasons. :-) Hang in there, Cheds!
My new Mac.Book and I are getting along very well, now, I'm pleased to say. It now even has a four-minute tea timer, and says "Tea is ready!" when it goes off.
I'm currently chugging along on a Work project that's causing me to brush off some dust on some old skills, in a good way. It may follow me to Thanksgiving, though, which is a bit unfortunate, but then again we sometimes find ourselves with big blocks of idle time to fill there (often pleasantly enjoying just having the idle time to fill), so that may work out OK.
The kittens (and mom) had their surgeries yesterday. They seem fine, but it'll take another day or two for any problems (like infected surgery sites; rare so far, but possible) to appear. I clipped everybody's front claws before their appointment, and now it's rather amusing to see them leap up their scratching posts or cat tree pillars, gripping with their claws....only to abruptly slide down again. :-) No jumping for you just yet while you recover, little ones! It also makes it easier for the vet people to handle them, I figure, when they're not velcro-ing themselves to your shirt with their claws.
My game is at 9:30 tonight; Joe will probably be there. I skated with him last week...it was kind of wierd! I'm not used to having a regular partner any more, after, what, a month and a half without him.
Oh, and I still have a tomato plant valiantly producing (tomatoes) in my back yard. Go figure. Maybe it has caught some of the weeds' and paperwhites' enthusiasm.
Hmm, I seem to have run out of trivia to report. Back to work I go...
2 comments:
thanks, Heather! hugs back to you and all the little kitties!
thanks, heather! you're sweet to bring food but we're actually ok...liz recovered faster and better than expected and #2 is easier than i thought wrt mobility.
but thank you! much appreciated. =)
Post a Comment