I realize that I haven't posted in a while...sorry, Mum, been busy!
I have a project that's in a screaming hurry -- it's a long story, but essentially they're skipping past most of what us usability people do best and just want HTML mockups that they can paste into their functional spec. Well, except this time they want me to do the screenshotting and pasting. Lucky for me, my new Mac.Book already has a handy gadget that does screenshots. Unlucky for me, they wanted in a week what usually takes 2-3 when done properly, with several group review iterations. And I just got said MacBook (new work machine) and have been negotiating with it, which has cost me some downtime (though everything's running well, now). At one point we ran a network cable from the guest bedroom down to the kitchen so that I didn't have to keep working in the bedroom. Oh, and then there's the other projects and issues that I'm feeding and watering along the way!
So essentially I found myself working on this document until 4am on Monday morning. Then I slept (a bit hard to sleep when it's 61) until about 9:30am?, then checked my mail and confirmed that I'd already had responses to my document. Responded to them, considered sleep, sighed and rejected it, made myself tea and frozen waffles, then started in on my meetings, during one of which I reviewed the document with a team member and came up with a list of changes I had to make to my mockups (re-screenshot, re-organize, eliminate duplicates, re-edit captions, sanity-check details). I had meetings for two other projects today as well, each requiring follow-up work. I still hadn't had time to update the document.
At 5:30pm we went to woodshop. Most of the students are doing quiet chisel work at the moment, though, and after an hour I begged out, went home via a take-out place, got home at around 8:30, ate a few bites (I'd had a snack before we left) and got back to work.
I'm just proofreading the document now; it's about 1am.
I have a meeting at 7am tomorrow morning, another at 10, another at 1:30...two more after that. And possibly a Sharks game to get to in the evening, since we weren't able to sell our tickets. I suppose I could just not go...it's no fun if you're too tired to enjoy it.
Oh, and there were two birthday parties over the weekend...one of which involved the timely replacement of a hamster on my part.
I haven't skated with my Maroon team for about 4 weeks, I think.
I've skated with Joe once in two months. I miss him, but I don't miss skating shorthanded at 10:45pm on a day when I have an 8am meeting every week.
Gotta wrap up and send the document and get to bed...over and out. Is it the weekend yet?
1 comment:
I am so tired after reading your blog that I might just go back to bed. Sleep well, sweetheart.
Post a Comment