I'm not feeling very 'how' today. I'm not sure why, other than having played a fierce game at Belmont (lost 1-4) last night, including stress about whether Amy-goalie would hate me or appreciate me on any given shift. That, and renewed stress about the house; we have a downstairs window that got stuck last night. Maybe it's just a stuck window, but it could be related to the foundation work that needs doing. It's got G stressed because it's the window in the office he works in, and it's July, and his computer overheats sometimes if the room's too hot, despite opening up the case and pointing a fan at it.
I sent out the invites for our annual BBQ; I thought of Viv (and G) when I chose the "OMG BBQ!" header, figuring they, at least, would laugh. As usual, I find myself prowling the evite page, refreshing it every so often, hoping someone else will have replied. I'm looking forward to the BBQ, I think. I'm a little uncertain as to where to put the tents and tunnels this year, since we have a nice cushy front lawn, and the back yard has room, but is just hard dirt, and I know that the moms might value being in the backyard with everyone else while watching the little ones. I dunno. I set up a poll in the evite, but there's only one vote so far. Still waiting for more replies from people with kids.
I'm wondering if my depression today is sunlight related? I don't get much sun, though I work in a room with a lot of indirect sunlight. We walked to lunch today, to add a bit more exposure.
Work is stressful, though it's not as busy as it has been. A lot of people are taking time off. It seems like a good idea; G and I are considering spending some weekday time in Carmel somewhere. It has been a while since we have traveled out of town together to someplace we enjoy. And I'm probably hitting my PTO ceiling again.
Knowing too many people, including my husband, who don't have jobs, is stressful. Looks like both of my sisters, now, are searching. Woodshop teacher M is still searching, too, and he's his household's only breadwinner of significance, and he also has a, what, 3? 4? year old son.
And Uncle Mike has cancer. I'm trying not to think about that too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment