I wasn't sure if I wanted to blog about this, but...well, what the heck. Boys, you can just skip this one, as this one's pretty much all girl stuff.
It has been ages since I bought a bra, and, well, I could tell that I really should look into getting new ones. Not only that, but I could tell that I was wearing the wrong size (one of the benefits of watching a few episodes of "What Not To Wear") and was fairly sure that a new bra would move my curves back (up) to where they were classically supposed to be. So I'd decided that I should go in for a bra fitting and buy some nice bras. I wasn't quite sure where to go for such a thing, but definitely wanted a professional doing it and not just some teenager with a tape measure, and also wanted to have someone that I could ask questions of, so I decided that I may as well go to Nordstrom, which was conveniently placed in the mall I'd needed to go to to swap out some clothing that I'd bought over the weekend. So I went there today.
They in fact had several fitting people there (though all were busily multi-tasking), and I got a very nice lady who took me to a fitting room, measured me around the ribs, then went out and fetched some fitting bras, having judged the cup measurement by eye. I tried some on, we talked about what my priorities were, and then she brought in some purchaseable bras of various levels of decoration and slightly different styles for me to try on.
I have to admit that I was a bit shocked at what size she said I was, but after a moment I shrugged rather philosophically and just went with it. I know that a couple of members of my family are large-breasted, but thought I was average. I guess I didn't escape those genes after all. I suppose, though, that society hasn't really seemed to ever grumble, per se, when a woman is large-breasted. I find it somewhat inconvenient to be so, myself, but I guess that's just me and my efficiency genes.
I found that the bra the fitting lady had recommended as the most comfortable did seem to fit me that tiniest bit better than the others, and wasn't the most expensive one, so after much thought and comparison, I decided to go with that style. After making the purchase, I offered her a tip for the fitting (for she had been kind, was good at her job, had appreciated my candor, and we'd gotten along extremely well), but she just waved it away, laughed, squeezed my arm, thanked me, and wished me well.
And thus ends the story of today's adventure.
1 comment:
I still need to officially do that. I tried it once at Macy's but the lady wasn't nearly as helpful as the person who helped you. All in all, I still like the bras I got that day, so I guess its not too bad.
Post a Comment