Tuesday, March 04, 2008

RIP

Another bit of my weekend news...we learned that a family friend has passed away, at the age of 88. It was fairly sudden, and due to complications from a surgery. The friend had already seen her grown-up son pass away, and her daughter-in-law is very strange (she was, we're told, brought up to never clean or tidy anything, because it was a waste of time); the family friend had also seen her husband pass away after a lingering illness. I suppose it was her time -- 88 is a long life! -- and she was probably ready for it, but still... I think learning of the death of someone I know (and this may be true of everyone, I don't know) has a dampening effect on me for a while, even if I'm not thinking about it.

I returned to Facebook for the first time in a while, yesterday. Perhaps with the big gap in the Red schedule I felt like I wanted to have my friends around me again. What the heck am I supposed to do with three "I"s as my only Scrabulous vowels, I ask you? Snarfdog, I'd be happy to play a game (if you don't mind waiting forever between turns), I just missed your invite. Redo?

1 comment:

snarfdog said...

Of course. :)

And sorry about your friend. I know exactly what you mean.