Monday, August 27, 2007

Tired!

Thursday I played my last game with that team. Had fun but didn't play well, and we lost, ah well. Went up to check out the free food since it was Keg Day, but it was some sort of fajita-like, quesadilla-like mexican-like food that was in that fine state where the dishes are mostly empty, they're making more, but what's left is sort of overcooked by the chafing(?) dish and sitting there somewhat unappetizingly. So I had a couple of tortilla chips, watched some of the Keg game (cheering for whatever team Red was 'tending for), and wandered out.

Friday afternoon I practiced with my 3-on-3 team during stick time at Logitech. Met the face I hadn't met (hi Carol!), compared notes, and did a bunch of good keep-away drills. I think we definitely benefited, and I went home tired but satisfied.

Saturday was the day of the 3-on-3 tournament. My team, Crash Test Ladies, was composed of 2 of my regular Red teammates, an ex-Maroon, and a fabulous Red goalie, who is also a long-time friend of mine. The women's division was a lot bigger this year with enough teams for 2 skill divisions. Our first game was at 9:15am, swiftly followed by a second game, then a break (I enjoyed pizza & kittens with the goalie and G), then another game, then a break (me zoning out on the lawn in the sun), then another game, then, because we were undefeated, the championship fifth game. We played We See Red People, composed of four good Red skaters and one Maroon goalie. We'd only defeated them 3-2 in our first game, and indeed, it was a tough one...we eventually narrowly lost by a goal. So we didn't get our photo pasted on the Logitech web site with a trophy nobody gets anyway, and we didn't get the random beanie hat they passed out to the victors. Oh darn. :-) But we all had fun.

Saturday night I slept from 8pm to midnight, then dragged myself out of bed to watch some TV and eat something, then back to bed at around 1:30am or so, then woke up with that "done sleeping" feeling at 9am Sunday morning. Done sleeping, yes, but...oh, I ached! I thought about reading a book, but it took too much energy to hold the book up. What do I do with my day when I'm too tired to move, and not sleepy? So I helped G to set up to drain the pool again, played around on the computer, then (heh) went to skate my Red game. It was the big ice and I was a wing opposite (ha!) Yoshii. It felt quite strange to me, and I could have sworn at the time that it had been ages since I'd played wing, but then much later I remembered that hey, I play wing on Mondays. I guess my brain was in Red mode, and I hadn't played a wing in *Red* for ages. It took me half a period to not play D when the opponent had the puck in our zone! But I (eventually) had some good plays in, even got up some momentum from time to time, laughed with UnstoppableForce and ImmovableObject (you know who you are) when they raced each other for the puck down the ice and then collided in a corner, and the game ended in regulation 1-1, with no OT. A good end to the last game of the season anyday, I'd say.

Stayed after to socialize with a bunch of Reds in the bar afterwards, then went home.

Today is the first day of my new Monday team; I am, to my amusement, now on team Google. I might go to pick up a jersey and meet my team tonight, but I'm not skating. It's a 10:45 game, and my left thumb, right wrist, bruised hand (where I batted at the puck in game 2), two knee bruises, aching back and general muscle fatigue have made me decide to bench myself for a while to heal. How long, I don't know, but I've had to stop taking Advil for a while because of the stomach irritation. Meh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I _think_ I have a good idea of which one I am. Geez that was funny and not half as bad as I thought it would be. Of course I had a 'soft' landing...bahwahhahah

andrea said...

ha! i thought you were talking about me but i wasn't there, so woo! =D