I'm slipping down Viv's blog list again -- can't have that, so I'm throwing out some blog spam to keep y'all going. :-)
The kittens are all doing very well, are zooming around the room, are still very cute, and (sigh) are just about to reach the destructive stage. This morning they hijacked a roll of paper towel I had in there (my second since they were born) and cheerfully rolled it across the room a couple of times. They play in the litterbox (I suppose it feels cool), BUT...(a mixed blessing)...at least Scrabble finally got on board and all of them are using it now. So yeah, I clean it out a lot. Their litter-coated leavings mostly look like meatballs...just thought I'd share. :-D Fortunately the room has seen enough batches of kittens that the dangers are few (or kept out of reach of non-adults), and I can keep an eye out.
Mom is a dear...she greets me at the door, and does "casual" walk-bys when I sit down so I'll give her a good rub. She still chirrups to the little ones periodically, but it seems more encouragement than anything else; they're mostly either asleep or moving too fast to keep track of, now. I don't know how she keeps them fed, but they still mostly feel plump when I check on them. I bring in raw ground chicken, chicken baby food and kitten wet food periodically to test out what they're interested in; so far the wet food is so-so but the other two are both fairly popular. I think they continue to sneak little drinks of water, and one has even been seen sampling mom's dry food.
Weighing is getting more difficult as they don't want to stay in the bowl. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment