It has been a mixture of work these past several days: work-work, housework, work for my new stained glass class (did I mention that?), errands, groceries, follow-up work so I can get my table finished, etc.
I be tired!
As always, our BBQ requires a tremendous amount of prep time. Or, as G puts it, I always put a tremendous amount of prep time into it. In the past few days I've hung photos (which will look high to people because eventually it'll have another row below it), designed my glass pattern, went to 'Kiss My Glass' (gotta love that name) in Santa Cruz to buy the glass for my project, started choosing colors (where's my pencil sharpener??), did some laundry (Google chewed a hole in one of the cat towels), repotted my mint, bought and replanted several hanging baskets, bought other flowers that I haven't planted yet, trimmed back the tomato plant that had one major branch mysteriously not getting enough water, had several discussions with the overly happy butterfly bush clump, deadheaded the roses, watered everything, refilled the bird feeders to keep 'em visiting during the BBQ, ordered & coordinated pickup for the exotic BBQ meat, went to WF for the buffalo (since the other place was out), shaped the buff'mo into patties & froze 'em, bought a gazillion different types of fruit and some ingredients for the garden burgers, wondered if anyone sells "light cream" any more and how to substitute for it, lunched with my mother, dinnered with Marcus (part of the aforementioned wood finishing effort), delivered 3 carloads of stuff to donate...and it's only Wednesday morning!
Oh, and does anyone want a free sofa? I'm trying to get rid of our old one, but am having trouble. I've just posted it on Freecycle. Meanwhile, it's classily sitting in our front driveway, because that's where I'd optimistically hauled it the first time someone said they'd take it...but then couldn't figure out how to arrange transport. Argh!
I'm taking Thursday & Friday off, thank goodness...if only for me to rest through part of. There's still tons to do...plant the plants, dig up the fondue fountain, check our chocolate supply :-9, go to Safeways for more ordinary stuff, vacuum, clean a bathroom...oh yeah, and I have to finish choosing which glass goes where in my pattern for tonight's class. :-P
Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment