As I type this, another (perhaps the same) lady hummingbird is giving my bird baths a really good look-over, then came to my window to give *it* (rather than me, I think) a good look-over, then she hovered out of sight. Perhaps I'll get lucky and she'll nest nearby.
Friday, May 18, 2012
More birdbath antics
I actually had a hummingbird at my bird bath this morning! Here is a copy of my Fbook post:
Just now, I had a larger bird come by and splash around in the larger bird bath. It took him a while, though, as a smaller bird kept coming by wanting her own bath, and the larger bird had to hop over to assert her authority. Never mind the hummingbird who came by to make sure that nobody was trying to get at 'her' roses nearby! The larger bird finished up and flew off, and the smaller bird promptly came by and took a quick turn.
As I type this, another (perhaps the same) lady hummingbird is giving my bird baths a really good look-over, then came to my window to give *it* (rather than me, I think) a good look-over, then she hovered out of sight. Perhaps I'll get lucky and she'll nest nearby.
As I type this, another (perhaps the same) lady hummingbird is giving my bird baths a really good look-over, then came to my window to give *it* (rather than me, I think) a good look-over, then she hovered out of sight. Perhaps I'll get lucky and she'll nest nearby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment