I sit here, at 11:30pm the night before my trip, with two primary tasks before me:
1. Pack for my trip -- I am at least partway done with this; my bag of gear is in my bedroom and my "remember to bring these" list is prepared.
2. Try to figure out why some code which works perfectly fine in my prototype isn't working for our developers when they implemented it. I admit to being slightly bitter about this task, as the project manager is treating it as something I am assigned to do, not something I am helping someone else to diagnose, if I can.
So what am I doing? I've got a black tux cat wrapped around my neck, and I'm buying bits of woodworking supplies because having a few more (80-grit sandpaper for my RO sander, and tacky cloths) would make me be less stingy with the few I have, they're on sale, and their site is having a free shipping promotion. I also got some ready-made metal vertical supports which would help me get shelf-related furniture mocked up a bit faster.
This does not, obviously, help me get #1 or #2 done, but it's certainly more interesting. And #1 would probably displace the tux, and we're a bit soft on him at the moment because he's been so miserable. Well, that and he's warm and cute.
*sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment