Friday, June 03, 2011

Cherries

Oh, hi! I admit that I have been forgetting about my blog lately. My apologies.

The cherry tree has lots of cherries on it -- although oddly enough, even though it's a 6-way graft, all the cherries seem to be looking the same. It *could* be that they haven't matured enough yet, but one wonders if a grafted tree can, over a period of a year or two, become all one flavor? If so, then it seems to have settled somewhere in the Royal Anne / Rainier department, which is fine by me! They're all cream-colored, developing rose-colored blushing as they mature. The mockingbirds, scrub jays and squirrels all seem quite pleased about it, too. The doves come by also, but just peck around on the bare ground...I think they only come because it seems to be in fashion to visit our yard.

Still waiting for the house to sell itself. Still keeping the place clean and the cat boarding place on tap.

I did find time, finally, to make another pen! This one's a commission, so I'm not going to post photos of it 'til after delivery, but it came out nice enough. Next in line is a pair of salt & pepper shakers, and then another pen. Perhaps this weekend...?

Off to bed; we've been watching the first few episodes of the new season of "So You Think You Can Dance" and also "America's Got Talent" -- both very similar in format at the moment, as they shake off the amateurs.

Hockey is sporadic -- I played this past Tuesday, but won't play again until a week on Sunday. Hopefully one of the other Maroon teams will call for a spare D in the meantime!

No comments: