Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Twiddle

Haven't had any calls yet this week from realtors wanting to drop by on a weekday. No idea how to interpret that, particularly considering that it took us a couple of weeks to get our ducks lined up evenly enough to make our own bid -- and even then, they scattered a few times, quacking nervously.

Our house's entry on Zillow seems to have had a good number of page hits over the past couple of days, which I shall decide is promising.

I picked up the cats from the cat hotel yesterday; they were meowing all the way home: "Nooo, where are we going, don't take me to another one of those places; I'm done!" I spent some time with them in our bedroom (their home for the duration) and they seemed to settle back in, though one or the other of them would occasionally hop up on the bed I was sitting on, pause next to me long enough for a stroke and a purr, then hop off again. Yup, I'm still here.

Our realtor says he'll put a "please give homeowner 40 minutes' warning when visiting" note in our house's record on MLSlistings, to give me a chance to whirlwind around the house, put out the magic keybox, and make myself scarce before they arrive. I have not had a chance to practice this yet; I am envisioning myself reclining with a book on our sofa (the real one, not the pretty borrowed one) in the garage with two cats poking their noses into various corners, since they've never been in the garage before. Should hopefully keep them busy and not meowing until the visitors have done their thing. We'll see.

Back to the grindstone...

No comments: