Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Oof!

Not feeling very graceful this week. Saturday I tweaked my MCL (knee ligament) in a game as well as getting a bit of whiplash from a backwards fall, and a bruise on my arm somewhere along the way. This evening while carrying in 2 bags of groceries and my new hand plane, I tripped over an irregular curb and sort of twisted my foot and skinned both knees a bit. My first thought was, "Oh no, the hand plane!", my second, "bummer, I squished the chips", my third, "I think I'll sit here for a moment", and my fourth was that I was vaguely impressed that I hadn't broken the glass bottle of juice that was in one of the bags. Then I got up again, brushed myself off (I was under the pistache tree, which decided that it would start dropping its pollen-laden blossom clusters this morning, so this isn't just a figure of speech), and continued my trek into the house.

The hand plane was fortunately fine; it was double-wrapped in paper and in its cardboard box, the same way it had been shipped. I'd used it earlier in woodshop class (my sofa table is finally ready for oiling & finishing, woo!)

One knee merited magic-cream-and-a-band-aid (thank you, G) and I was taking advil for the MCL anyway, so all in all I think I should probably just ship myself off to bed and hope for a more graceful tomorrow!

No comments: