Monday, September 27, 2010

Moving.....eventually.

My apologies for the neglect, readers! We've been busy!

We have decided for various reasons, partly personal and partly financial, to move. Don't worry, we just plan to move somewhere else in the south bay, preferably with less house and more land around it. As an example, our current house has a living room, a family room and a dining room, and we only really use the family room, if you don't count me keeping my sewing stuff in the dining room. Otherwise they're just kind of rooms to store things in. And...I'd like to have room in the garden for fruit trees, some sort of layout that doesn't require that I plant them in my front lawn or stuff them in a corner.

We've been looking around (because it's fun) and an old farmhouse caught our eye; that's the one pictured on my Flickr account. There's a lot wrong with it (when it was built, they didn't have indoor plumbing...did we mention that it was old?) but it sparked our imagination, and gives us a hypothetical future house to work through potential logistical hurdles with. It's entirely possible that it will be sold while we prepare our own house for sale, and that's okay.

Anyway, the big Moving wheel has started to turn, and I thought I'd share.

A foundation guy will be coming by tomorrow to do some is-it-level-HERE? type measurements; we've had to move all our furniture in the on-the-slab rooms away from the walls (as best we can) two feet, so our rooms look rather eccentric and our cats are rather bewildered.

What else? The new NCWHL season starts this week; my first game is on Tuesday. There are SIX maroon teams, imagine that! I am pleased, as it bodes well for the health of the league. :-)

Meanwhile, I'm freecycling/selling/donating like mad. I don't suppose anyone would like a cardboard cutout bust of Pinhead? Somehow I don't think the Little Old Ladies at the thrift store down the way would, um...think it worth selling. It might be amusing to try to Freecycle, see if I get any nibbles.

No comments: