This post is in lieu of my usual "I went to Vegas" posting. I didn't go this year. G still doesn't have a job, and this means that some things get trimmed, and that was one of them.
But while I didn't get to spend it with 30-40 of my good hockey friends as usual, running around like hockey players with...well, 4-5 games to play in 4 days while staying in a hotel and having to carpool and stay fueled, I *am* getting to spend it with my best friend instead, which I haven't always been able to in the past.
And that works for me, I think.
I starting Saturday off by sleeping in (huzzah!) after a week full of having to get up early for meetings. G brought me my waffles and tea in bed so I could eat it with cat and book, and the later we took public transit to downtown SJ and had 'high tea' (more or less) at a foofy ladylike tea place where everything seemed half-size. It was quite nice, and for once I ate more than my usual 'fill' mark, which as some of you might know is a compliment, indeed. I came home in high spirits, G fetched some groceries, and then made me a buffalo steak dinner, which we ate while watching the rest of our Ti.Vo of the first Lord of the.Rings movie. Over dessert (fruit tarts from Whole.Foods) we watched a Ti.Vo suggested movie, 'Being Julia', which was slow to start, but ended up being a really good movie. It was good to see Jeremy Irons again after having enjoyed him in 'Eragon'.
Tomorrow we're having dinner out with M&E at The.Melting.Pot. I tried to sneak into my sister's schedule to have them join us but unfortunately 'twas full -- I suspect that one has to book at least a month or so in advance these days! Dunno what else I'll do; I might make cookies from a nice-looking recipe I got from Cook's.Illustrated. Maybe I'll try to clean up the garden? Maybe I'll do nothing. It's just nice to have energy again.
3 comments:
Sounds lovely! And happy birthday somewhere in there?
You remembered! Thank you, yes. :-) It's one of the things I try to keep off the net's collection of public info -- but of course doing so carries a price: nobody notices it go by! Thank you for remembering. <3
You're welcome, and Happy Birthday!! Glad you had a nice time.
Post a Comment