I think I'm glad I didn't skate in the tournament...my cold is pretty awful today. Head is stuffed, ears are stuffed, nose and sinuses are stuffed, chest is sore from coughing, lips are dry from going through so much liquid and having to breathe through my mouth all the time. My short-term memory's not that great, either; I take several things out to the garbage then can't remember what they all were, and heaven knows when I took that Dayquil. All I know is that it was sometime between my waking up (because the foster lady came by to pick up the kittens) and now.
We stepped out of the house to go to lunch today; I subsequently tripped down our front porch stairs, having failed to lift my right foot high enough to clear the ground; the rubber on the toe of my shoe caught, and I fell, tweaking my already-not-100% right knee a bit, and skinning my left a smidge. And of course injuring my pride slightly, too; I usually have very good balance and don't tend to fall if something unexpected happens.
So having had lunch I'm home again, still much the same. I originally had 3 hockey games slated for today: 2 MLK games and a Maroon game. And...yeah, to be honest I don't think I'm in any shape to go to any of them...I'll just stay home and do something mindless. At least tomorrow is a work holiday...one more day to try and get past this before I'm actually obliged to put two and two together and get four.
1 comment:
Poor Heather! Consider yourself hugged with comforting mutterings from U NO HOO. Suggest you keep a log of medications taken and don't try and do ANYTHING for 24 hours or so. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment