Yep, we're back from our trip to Las Vegas; M was kind enough to take us to the airport on Thursday and pick us up on Sunday; not only that, but they took us in on Sunday night and fed us! It was nice to not have to worry about feeding ourselves after the long weekend and plane flight.
I'm currently in a large meeting (heh), so I'm not going to write a long entry (if I can, hah). I had a great time with my team over the weekend; I should really say 'teams', because although I wasn't on Blacklist or the Dolphins, they were there, and cheered for us, and we cheered for them, and we went out to dinner together when we could. I know just about all of them, so it was like spending the weekend with three teams' worth of friends instead of just one! They were good company in the airports, as well, just friendly people to hang out with and idly chat with about shared experiences.
As you probably already know if you've (dutifully) read Viv's blog, we won our division, and not easily! The first, second and fourth games were won by only a one-goal margin. The third was kind of like a scrimmage due to our opponents having a sick goalie and some players. :-( Bad salmon from a restaurant (that I'll be nice and not name), I heard. The first and fourth game were against the same team, whom we got along very well with. In essence, we had a good time playing them.
Did I do well? Well, as a defenseman, hard to say. As I often end up saying, "Well...I know I didn't do anything stupid, and I got a couple of McJMTs* in, but I didn't score, either, so we'll call it a decent day."
That's pretty much my half-distracted summary. I must say that if I don't come down with a cold today or tomorrow, I'll consider myself amazingly lucky. Several of my friends/teammates were sick, and we (duh) spent a lot of time around each other. So we'll see.
* McJMT = McJedi Mind Trick
1 comment:
Welp, given that our team got scored on only three times the entire weekend, I'd say yes, you did well. Way to go with the McJedi Defense!!! :-D
Post a Comment