Thursday, January 29, 2009

omg an empty weekend!

I just realized that this weekend has nothing scheduled. Nada, zippo, nyet! No hockey, no family events, no Sh...oh, wait!

*runs off and checks schedule*

Sorry, we do have a Sharks game to go to on Saturday night. My bad. See, I knew that any completely empty weekend would implode and produce something out of sheer improbability.

Okay, so other than the Sharks game...I'll need to give myself something to do. There's certainly plenty *to* do...garden cleanup/weedkilling, including digging up some shrubs...maybe buy some more bareroot roses, or is that chewing off too much in the digging department? Belatedly fix up my third rain barrel, whose cheap stripped screw has been preventing progress...deadhead the other half of my existing roses (I did get *some* done the week before last), or do their big annual cut back if they're ready for it...oh, and filing, vacuuming, box-sorting...heaven forbid that I actually find time to make a pen, as much as I'd like to...

Okay, I'm fairly sure that I won't have problems filling my weekend. I'm ok with that as long as it helps me to forget about work, which is pretty stressful right now, with the cutbacks that all companies are working through...the people at the top push on the next level down, who pressure the next level down, etc. Yeah, that's me at the bottom, stressing over whether I'd be on a cut list if they suddenly decide that they need one, don't mind me.

One of our old friends came over last night and we went out to dinner and talked. My dreams last night were full of house-shopping, funerals from the past, imaginary family stress, and trying to work out the stress by playing hockey with a floppy hockey stick.

No comments: