Thursday I didn't skate because...well, I didn't feel like going. Joe wasn't going to be there, and I guess while I like the rest of my team, their company (and their conversation, which is still in Russian more than half the time) isn't quite compelling enough to make me go otherwise.
Friday I skated with my Red team, 11 at Fremont against Tracy's team, which I think is in first place. She was everywhere, and her team was good, rocking us back on our heels the first period with an 0-2 lead. We were determined, though, and -- as it turned out -- Tracy was sick, so we turned up the pressure while she gradually ran out of gas, frequently tripping over herself in her fatigue. Lauren scored 2 for us, and the game ended 2-2. Jill was the surprising standout in the game on wing, skating harder than she has before, and earning two tripping penalties. She must've had some serious Wheaties before the game! I skated as a center and had fun -- nothing spectacular.
Saturday we pottered around the house; G also went out to take a look at a sparring class he was considering enrolling in. As a bonus, our friend works in the office supply store next door! Which reminds me -- we went by there to say hello last week, and bought an office chair for me to use in the kitchen while I work. I've been sitting on a kitchen chair (wooden w/4 legs) and several cushions for the past year, annd decided that I could use an upgrade. I've left the arms off of it for ease of entrance (of myself and the cats). It's nice to finally have my seat at the right height!
What else...I watered/fertilized my orchids (one is in flower at the moment, after 3 months of thinking about it), and my littlest one is sending up a spike, yay! I also cut up & recycled a bunch of boxes and a couple of old posters from work -- it's good to make a dent in the Pile of Stuff.
I spent much of Sunday making tomato soup, playing Warcraft, and doing various chores. Sometime this week I want to take the pruners to my roses and raspberries; I already had a firm word with the grass that's encroaching on my grapes, and loosened up the bird netting that needs to come down; it'll take a ladder and some minor pruning to get it all off. A hummingbird got caught under it earlier this week -- oops! I managed to gently get him out, and refilled the feeders for him as an apology.
Sunday night I picked up my sister, bro-in-law and their 2 kids from their flight back from Costa Rica; they fortunately packed light so I was able to use the Prius. I'd packed up the soup and some fresh bread as dinner for them, and they were glad to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment