Played my Monday game with the Waves last night -- fortunately it hasn't become hot enough for *real* waves out there, although I think they did do a dry-cut because it wasn't freezing fast enough if they put water down. Pucks that unexpectedly skid to a halt totally crack me up for some reason (particularly when they're just short of icing), but unfortunately other people don't find them as funny. :-)
The team has been a bit overwhelming through the first few games; they've obviously played together last season, and as a group are pretty cheerfully noisy. I'm getting used to it though, and am learning names and skill levels, and actually had a good time in the locker room yesterday. :-) There's four women on the team; one, a forward, just made Blue, theres our goalie, who's pretty good and whom I played against in the recent tournament, and the third is a Wing-only who is more or less my level. The whole team is positive and encouraging, and (as I've mentioned before), don't particularly care what the score is, so I think it'll be more fun now that I'm used to the mentality. Huzzah!
I saw Peter after my game; he was dressing to sub, as usual. As many of you know, he's getting married soon, and I was amused to see his face looking a little...nervous? Peter? :-D I suspect the poor boy is feeling the effects of background pre-marriage preparation stress, though I noticed when I teased him about it that he'd rather talk about his honeymoon plans than the wedding plans. ;-) Congratulations, Peter and Bluepoof!!! I know you have many, many happy miles ahead of you -- may your road be fun, twisty, scenic, and full of good companionship. :-)
1 comment:
Awwa! Thanks! Funny, Peter never seems nervous to me. Probably because I'm always asking things like "hey, um, have you written your vows yet? Just a thought." ;)
Post a Comment