Monday, January 16, 2006

Template tweaking

Changed: text color (brighter), possibly slightly larger, though I haven't noticed it (*squint*), and the addition of custom text to the bottom of the LH nav area. (*watches everyone look left and scroll down*)

I've just recently started reading the "Sharpe's" book series, some of which (including my current read, Sharpe's Rifles, by Bernard Cornwell), were turned into a TV series starring Sean Bean that I remember enjoying a few of. Hmm...looks like they've got it out in DVD...might have to see if our neighborhood video rental place has those. :-) This is a continuation of my curious nosings through book series(es?) centered around the British armed forces of the 1800s. So far I have enjoyed the Kydd series by Julian Stockwin and the Alan Lewrie series by Dewey Lambdin, both of which center on sailors who work their way up through the naval ranks on vessels of war (think sleek frigates or 3-deck 98-cannon man-o-wars) in various parts of His Majesty's British Fleet. Actually, one adventure involved never leaving port, during a famous fleet-wide mutiny; both series had a book on where their main character was during that event and what the issues were from their perspective, which was quite interesting, plus the notes at the end of the book from the author about the plot's historical background and which bits he made up. :-)

No comments: