It has been a while since I've updated this, mostly because I felt like all of you readers are either a) already seeing my posts on Face.book, or b) are my parents, whom I've talked with fairly regularly recently anyway. If you are neither of these groups, speak up so I know you're there! :-)
Most of my distractions in recent months have been related to my having become (deliberately, thank you) pregnant. I'm now at about 4-1/2 months, not yet showing. As I've never been pregnant before, these changes are all new to me, and I'm learning as I go along what 'normal' is. For example, I've learned that although I am not yet 'showing', some people are, at this point, and some are not, depending upon one's body type, and how much room there is available, so to speak. I consider myself tall-ish (for a female hockey player, anyway) but not exceptionally long in torso. I suspect that being tall has helped me not-be-showing, so far. I'm not sure whether I should be appreciative of still looking relatively normal (with the exception of a slightly larger bust size as my blood volume increases with all the construction going on in there), or wish I were visibly showing so I could at least go back to my NCWHL team -- which I've had to leave for safety's sake, at the request of my doctor :-( -- and have some sort of visible evidence as to why I'm not skating. I always hate to show up at a rink, not able to play, but not limping or otherwise showing an obvious reason for my inability. Sigh.
As it is, I just sit down a bit more often than I used to, and I don't eat as much as I used to I but try to eat more often (I'm wondering if things are already getting a little crowded in there), and I feel like I have constant indigestion of some sort -- a feeling of *something* slightly achey going on in my middle, when on a normal (pre-pregnancy) day I wouldn't feel anything at all. When I bend forward, the part of me between my ribcage and pelvis doesn't feel as soft and flexible as it used to be -- it feels more firm as I bend, kind of like trying to bend a ziploc full of water versus trying to bend one partly full of beans.
But generally, all seems normal. We're slowly acquiring Baby Stuff, thanks to good friends and thrift stores. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment