Thoughts...
- Cisco should (if is not already) try to sell Webex access to the University of California Extension system. It would be good to be able to offer their talks to people who can't easily leave home (disabled, elderly, etc.). Thankfully I am quite mobile, and as of yesterday know a good bit more about ways to replace your lawn with different types of grass relatives that are mowable and green but grow much more slowly and require much less water (and mowing).
- I am feeling the urge to visit my relatives in the UK. I should really bring G this time, though. Not sure we'll pull it off, though, given his class runs through mid-December, and he's already a bit stressed about what-ifs in the job-hunting process. Doing something for 1-2 weeks that would put him out of the communications loop for the most part would not pave the way for a relaxing visit. I'm also not sure how much "Voluntarily visiting England in the winter? Really?" should factor into things -- I don't have much experience with the realities of traveling through snow (even if it's mostly by train). Christmas there might be a possibility. Apparently you can get to Manchester for as little as $265 if you don't mind staying for either 7 days or 20 (13-17 would be best for me I suspect, depending on how many visits I fit in), and you can go for $450 if you don't mind spending an entire day (24 hours) in travel time, including two plane changes and a six-hour layover.
- Ceiling fans are really nice to have when the morning sun is trying valiantly to heat up one side of your house.
- I should get off the keyboard if I'm going to get any wood-finishing done today!
No comments:
Post a Comment