Tuesday, August 10, 2010

More boxes

I went through another box last night; I've been managing a box every day or so, I think. This was the third box I'd encountered that seemed to be leftovers from my "when I was in a cube" days. Much of it was about 10 years old (annual reviews on *paper*? What?) and recyclable, although I kept a bunch of usability-related info I'd ordered once, as well as class material from when I got certified as an IT Analyst. I also kept various awards and nameplates from my internships, which make a nice stack on a wall, for when one has a wall to hang things on. I look at it and mentally refer to it as my "I'm not a noob" decor.

The next box looks like it might have random electronics in it, probably including a video camera that uses those tiny little cassettes. Not sure what to do with it... charity, maybe, if we can dig up our extra blank cassettes and the charger.

My manager wanted me to make a crossword puzzle from a bunch of 'hot' words going around the organization. Unfortunately those words all seem to turn out to be fairly long. Do you know how difficult it is to make a crossword without any short words? I suppose I could resort to finding some acronyms. I think I may have managed to get off the hook, though...we'll see.

I dropped by my parents' place yesterday, coming away with fresh green beans, a bag of oranges, and two melon plants. Oh, and a cup of tea-and-a-biscuit inside me. :-) I'll have to find a safe place for the plants until after the BBQ, lest a dog find them or something. Yes, bigger pots...note to self.

Oh, and unfortunately that dove's choice of nesting spots indeed turned out to be a poor one; the eggs went missing a couple of days ago, and I found some fragments on the ground underneath. Ah, well.

No comments: