Monday, February 08, 2010

Weekend report

Played a maroon game (with my usual team) last night; it had been a while. Skated with Susan, who is quickly becoming a good defenseman and I'm learning to trust her more to be fast enough and be where I need her to be. The other team had both April and Tracy, though, and they're both blue-ish (IMHO), and they both scored. We lost something like 0-5. Oh well...good to see people again.

Last night's dreams were so active and worrisome that I woke up a couple of times, and then this morning woke up before my alarm, not feeling at all refreshed. I had a meeting in an hour on the topic of a mockup review -- and none of my mockups are ready, which concerned me -- so I got up anyway to make tea and stuff some breakfast into my gullet and see what I could grind out before the meeting.

The meeting got cancelled 15 minutes before its scheduled time. Meh.

My new manager is asking whether I have any upcoming training needs. Does spending $300 on an online conference that I really want to go to that's Wed-Fri this week -- when I have two deadlines on Friday -- count?

On Saturday I discouraged some weeds, winter-pruned the grapevines, frostbitten bougainvillea and gold dust bush, and pulled up one of the butterfly bushes. I also managed to work through 3 or 4 more boxes of Stuff, recycling/tossing/donating most of it. There's still lots to be done on both fronts.

There's woodshop tonight, as usual, although most of us will be staying late for M to go over how to add drawers to some of the more advanced students' tables. I'm not making a table this quarter, so for me it will be a bit of mental note-taking if anything. I'm not making a table myself because I'm spending so much time during class helping the 15 students that I don't have time to do anything on the side, and I don't think I have time after class each week to make up the difference -- and there really are too many other unfinished projects on my plate to let me justify another one. And heck, we already have three side tables, and G's making a fourth. I might be able to make a shaker-style side table in my sleep, now. Anybody willing to pay us a couple hundred dollars to make one? Then you, too, can have a fine Mr. or Mrs. McJedi product decorating your home! :-P Yeah, I didn't think so. I guess hand-made/custom stuff is beyond most people's budgets these days.

Meh, back to work...

No comments: