Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Eye update

I had another eye appointment this morning; officially it was a "hard contact lens fitting". I went through the usual battery of measurements. Here are some random points of interest:

- My vision is fine; it's at the same level as it was before I started having eye problems last fall. I've only been noticing the smears at night, mostly when I look at bright things against a dark background.
- I have some cloudiness on both corneas, in the lower peripheral region (read: bottom left and bottom right), probably a lingering effect from last fall's problems trying to heal over. Turns out that it's in the area that's only looked through when the pupil is wide -- that is, at night or when it's dark, which is probably why my "smears" are only apparent at night. Eeenteresting.
- I'll be trying out a pair of hard contacts next week; they're now on order. They can come with a UV coating now, interestingly enough.

3 comments:

-april said...

Glad to hear that your eyes are fine!

snarfdog said...

Glad to hear your eyes are doing better. So, UV coating? Does this mean you'd have perma-sunglasses? What do you do at night then?

McJedi said...

Snarfdog: are you familiar with sunglasses advertising having UVA and/or UVB protection (with cheaper ones having neither)? That coating is separate from the tint, so my contacts would have that protection without the tint.

Though having photosensitive contacts that go dark in direct sunlight like they can already do for glasses might be interesting...