I went to see an ophthalmologist yesterday. After many machines and much back-and-forthing, he mentioned that he could see old scars on my eyes, among other symptoms, and that evidence of a recurring condition, plus my northern European background, brought him to conclude that I have ocular rosacea. Basically, I'm genetically predisposed to a condition where my body develops an allergic reaction to bacteria that grows along the base of the eyelashes.
He's put me on an eyedrop-based combination of antibiotics and steroids, plus oral antibiotics, plus a prescription eye wash. The eyedrops are for 10 days; the oral antibiotics are in a 60-tablet bottle, which I'll go through at two per day, and the freaking kit has three refills. Granted, those antibiotics are at a very low dose -- 25mg of doxycyclene.
I'd just like the puck to be not-fuzzy again, and for each car to have only two taillights. Is that too much to ask? Thankfully the steroids should kick in in the next day or two to help with that.
Oh, and could you heal up my wrist while you're at it? kthx.
Smarter minds than I have persuaded me to pass on hockey tonight. I had to pass last week, too. I miss Joe.
Four tournament games this weekend...I'm probably insane. But at least I'll be with my peeps. Wish me luck.
2 comments:
Wishing you luck! You don't need it, but I'll wish it to you anyways. ;)
I'll keep this in mind for when I visit my doc. But I don't have the problems you have - but then again I don't wear contacts either. We are a broken eyed lot aren't we?
Post a Comment