I like to think that after nice, longish events like my Thanksgiving trip, I'll sit down and write a nice long blog entry about it, but when things are stressful, I find myself more likely to want to blog about what I'm thinking about today -- what's bugging me, small successes, etc.
What's on my mind? My work computer is sick. It's doing weird things...Visio won't open Visio documents, Photoshop won't open Photoshop documents...all with a sort of bad-permissions flavor. I've got a case open with my company's internal tech support, but of course today is so packed with meetings that I'm having a hard time finding time to talk to them and work out the symptoms. Bah. Meanwhile, I can't work on my project, which currently involves mostly Photoshop stuff.
Also on my mind? Looking forward to getting the cat-breakfast-on-a-timer bowl worked out. Tuesday morning, Jeeves stood by my head and meowed at us from about 7am to 9am. I got up and discovered that their bowl (which usually opens at 8am) wasn't set right...guess I messed up when we got home on Monday. Tuesday afternoon, I found a battery on the floor. Hmm, strange. Wednesday morning, Jeeves woke us up again. Guess where the battery came from? I put the battery back in the cat bowl mechanism and reset it. This morning...I had an 8am meeting, so they bugged me anyway. While I set up my computer for my meeting, I poked at the bowl until it opened. It's not the most accurate creature, but I figure if it's 8am, and I want it to open at 8am, I may as well adjust it so that it opens right then. I suspect we'll get meowed at from 7-8am tomorrow, and the next day, until Jeeves disassociates us from the opening of his food bowl again. He has a habit of splatting next to my bedside table inbetween meows and idly poking at my glasses and watch until they noisily fall off the table.
I love my cats, really.
Also on my mind...my eyes hurt. I wore my contacts all day yesterday -- more than 12 hours is way too long -- and when I took them out, my eyes *hurt*. I'd even just used eyedrops. When I looked in the mirror afterwards, the whites of my eyes were reddish with irritation. I'm not wearing my contacts this morning (contacts have sort of become a 'special occasion' thing) and my eyes itch and are a bit watery. It's starting to drive me nuts. Maybe I'll wear my glasses to the game tonight...I dunno. I'm no good if I'm skating but can't concentrate. Yes, I'm a bit concerned. No, I don't currently plan to run to the eye doctor with it; I'm going to try to stick it out and try to put drops in more often, and not wear my contacts, at least until there's a pattern of symptoms. *sighs and looks up 'pinkeye' on w!kipedia*
No comments:
Post a Comment