I was working on my computer late last night, and noticed the boys at the french window nearby, peering intently out into the darkness. I looked beyond them, and saw...an opossum casually but thoroughly wandering around our back step about a foot away from the glass, checking all the corners for seed that might have dropped from the window feeder overhead. The opossum seemed blithely unconcerned about the two curious meat-eaters on the other side of the glass. I doubt our boys were considering him for a meal, either -- he was about the same size as a cat. I can imagine Jeeves coming back to us, saying "Seeeee? Seeeeeee?" since we'd been teasing him about being our patrol cat, liking to spend time at nighttime windows or in our doorways, peering out into the darkness.
Anyway, it may explain how our back step stays so tidy given that it's under a seed feeder. Huh. Thanks, Mother Nature! I figure better to have an opossum than a raccoon, rat or mouse. :-P
No comments:
Post a Comment