Monday, June 27, 2005

Another 2 games

Played D at the Oasis on Saturday (one of 3, got to play alongside the RedPantsinator, woo!). Skating went fine, got a few JMTs in, but there were a bunch (3?) of players from the first-place team subbing against us (I think we got one), one of which, rumor has it, scored at least four of the nine goals against us. We lost in a rout, and it went past the point where I think a team should have stopped scoring and started passing, for the sake of sportsmanship. But I guess that's just me.

Subbed as a right wing on Sunday in a Red game, with Doris and Carol -- both also subs, and on my regular team -- as linemates. I think it went well, once I shook off a few of my defensive tendencies and remembered what wings are supposed to do. ;-) Final score, a win 3-1 -- with two of the goals by my line: I think Doris from Carol (or vice versa), and me, from Doris, a nice pass across the crease for me to toss into the wide-open back door. I know my aim stinks when I'm under pressure, but fortunately I seem to be able to at least get it into a target that big. ;-) Anyway, it was nice to leave feeling like my line had made a difference in the game -- a rare feeling for me, in a way, as I think sometimes it's difficult to evaluate the impact of a particular defenseman in any given game.

This evening was relatively low-key; walked downtown with a friend to grab dinner at the pizza place, picked up The Aviator and Finding Neverland on the way back and (with G getting home) the three of us watched the latter over cherries. Kind of sad, but pretty good. I think I'm getting to enjoy Johnny Depp's performances, though so far nothing has outstripped his marvelous Captain Jack!

No comments: